of the Personal Data (as defined below) we collect from you during your use and access of our
Your use of our Website means that you accept and agree to abide by, all the terms stated in this
WEA is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and takes the matter of protecting your
privacy as a matter of paramount importance.
Data Protection Act 2010 ("the PDPA").
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE
The types of Personal Data that WEA collects directly from you or from third parties may include (but
is not limited to) your name, address, contact details, credit/debit card number(s) and expiry date,
banking or financial information, residential or office address, billing address, and information
relating to products and services that you often use on our Website (“the Personal Data”).
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL
- When you use any of our products or services on our Website.
- When you register, open an account, or sign up with us, for transactions for products or
services provided or supplied on our Website.
- When you use or visit the websites operate by WEA, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors,
partners, suppliers or contractors.
- Under any other contractual agreement or arrangement via a third-party products or services
Some of the other ways we may collect Personal Data also includes (but is not limited to):
- Communications between WEA and you via telephone, letter, fax, or email.
- When we contact each other in person.
- When we collect information about you from trusted third parties who process our transactions.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM
Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with the server of our Website, and to administer
our Website. Your IP address is used to identify your registration, sign up or membership
information and to gather broad demographic information.
Our contact form uploaded in the Website (“the Contact Form”) requires you to give us contact
information (eg your name, date of birth, identity card number, phone or mobile number and email
address) so that we can respond to your comments or queries. We use your contact information from
the Contact Form to send you information about WEA. Your contact information is also used by us to
contact you where necessary. Demographic and profile data are also collected at our Website. We use
your Personal Data to tailor your experience at our Website by delivering you the contents, or
products or services that we think you may be interested in.
Information on Cookies
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent
our web pages to store your preferences and record session information. The information that WEA
collects is then used to ensure a more personalised service experience for our users. You can adjust
settings on your browser so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. Please refer to
your browser documentation to check if cookies have been 'enabled' or 'disabled' on your computer.
You may adjust your setting so that you do not receive cookies. However, we have no control over
these cookies and do not accept any responsibility for such use.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes ("the Purpose"):
- To process your orders and transactions for products or services.
- To process other transactions.
- For WEA, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors or partners to inform you of other promotions,
rewards, lucky draws or loyalty programmes as offered from time to time.
- To send you promotions and information on products, services and activities.
- To protect the safety and security of yourself and other users.
- To investigate and respond to claims or queries from you.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
ACCESSING/LIMITING/CORRECTING/UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may request to obtain information of your Personal Data and also update or make amendments to your Personal Data as below:
For account holders or registered customers, you may login to your account and update your Personal Data.
For every other customer, you may forward your request to [email protected]
We will endeavour to revert to you as soon as is practicable.
Please note that it is obligatory for us to process your Personal Data, without which we will not be able to process your orders for products or services and other transactions that you enter into.
Nonetheless, you may stop receiving WEA’s promotional or reward programme activities by:
- Unsubscribing from the mailing list.
- Editing the relevant account settings to "unsubscribe".
- Sending a request to us at [email protected]
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not sell your Personal Data to third parties. Your Personal Data shall only be disclosed or transferred to the following third parties who may be located within or outside Malaysia for the fulfilment of the purposes described hereinbelow (“the Purposes”):
- Our subsidiaries, associate companies, sponsors, partners and trusted merchants and contractors who work closely with us where necessary to: process your orders; to provide you our Website's products or services; or to process other required information.
- Credit card verification providers, data warehouse and other third parties in order to process your commercial transactions.
- Legal bodies as required by law, such as in compliance with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction compelling disclosure.
- Customs, immigration or other regulatory authorities applicable to you.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We do not retain your Personal Data longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes. However, relevant Personal Data may be retained subject to the conditions below:
- As and when required under applicable legislation.
- Where legal action has arisen and/or is pending.
We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted when no longer required for the Purposes herein described.
You should be aware, however, that no data transmissions over the internet can be completely secure or error free. Consequently, we cannot warrant the security of the information you provide to us. While security cannot be guaranteed, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security on our systems once we receive the transmission of your Personal Data. You hereby agree that we shall have no liability to you in the event of breach of our security systems by a third-party hacker or mischief maker.
By using our Website, or providing your Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Website. We may post a notice on our Website if a security breach occurs or may send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES